Autumn is a season filled with vibrant colors, cozy gatherings, and a hint of anticipation for the upcoming holidays. It’s also a wonderful time to treat yourself and your loved ones to the rich, succulent flavors of Maine lobster. If you’re considering hosting a fall lobster feast, here’s a guide to ensure it’s a memorable occasion.
Setting the Scene: Fall Decor with a Nautical Twist
When you think of a lobster feast, summer beach scenes might come to mind. However, with a touch of creativity, you can blend the rustic charm of fall with maritime elegance:
- Table Setting: Choose deep reds, oranges, and golds, reminiscent of both fall leaves and cooked lobster. Burlap table runners paired with navy blue or white napkins can create a nautical touch.
- Centerpieces: Hollow out small pumpkins or gourds and fill them with sand. Place tea lights inside for a warm glow. Intersperse these with small driftwood pieces and shells.
- Place Cards: Use scallop or clam shells. Write your guests’ names using a gold or silver marker for a touch of maritime sophistication.
The Main Attraction: Lobster Dishes Perfect for Fall
While summer lobsters are often grilled or boiled, autumn allows for a deeper exploration of flavors:
- Lobster Bisque: This creamy, rich soup is perfect for cooler evenings. Enhanced with a touch of sherry or cognac, it’s a luxurious start to any meal.
- Lobster and Corn Chowder: Combining sweet corn with succulent lobster meat, this hearty chowder is both comforting and filling.
- Lobster Pot Pie: A twist on the traditional chicken pot pie, the flaky pastry crust complements the tender lobster filling, making it a fall favorite.
- Grilled Lobster Tails with Herb Butter: While not strictly a fall dish, the herbed butter (think sage, rosemary, and thyme) gives it an autumnal twist.
Remember to source your lobsters from trusted providers like Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. to ensure the freshest taste.
Sides and Sips: Complementing Your Lobster
Pair your lobster dishes with sides that bring out the best of fall’s bounty:
- Roasted Root Vegetables: A medley of carrots, parsnips, and beets roasted with olive oil, salt, and herbs can be both colorful and flavorful.
- Pumpkin Risotto: Creamy and savory, this dish adds a touch of sweetness that pairs beautifully with lobster.
- Cranberry Walnut Salad: Fresh greens topped with dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, and a light vinaigrette make for a refreshing side.
For drinks, consider crisp white wines like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. If you prefer something non-alcoholic, apple cider with a cinnamon stick can be both festive and fitting.
Sweet Endings: Dessert
Finish off your feast with desserts that pay homage to the season:
- Pumpkin Crème Brûlée: A creamy, spiced custard topped with a crackling sugar crust.
- Apple Tart: Thin slices of apple on a buttery pastry base, served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Conclusion: Making Memories
A fall lobster feast isn’t just about the food—it’s about making memories. It’s the laughter shared, the stories told, and the warmth of gathering together. By hosting such a feast, you’re not only serving delicious dishes but also creating moments that will be cherished for years.
Thinking of hosting your own lobster feast this autumn? Start with the best. Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. offers the freshest Maine lobsters, ensuring your event is a culinary success. Order today or contact us at 1.800.967.4268 for all your seafood needs.