Quiche is simple and delicious. It’s no wonder why it’s such a popular recipe. It’s easy to make for any occasion, and you can basically add anything you love for your perfect quiche. From veggies to red meat to poultry, customizing your quiche to your tastes is incredibly simple. But that’s not all you can add to your quiche. An immensely popular addition for making quiche spectacular is crab.
Below, we share our recipe for crab quiche so you can have it whenever you get the craving for both quiche and seafood.
Crab Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup cooked crab meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
- 1 unbaked pie crust*
*Store-bought pie crust is perfectly acceptable, but if you’d like to make your own, you can follow this recipe from the New York Times.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk or fork
- Stir in the milk, flour and mayonnaise until ingredients are well blended
- Mix in the crab meat, swiss cheese and scallions
- Spread the mixture into the unbaked pie crust
- Bake the quiche for 40-50 minutes
- Let the quiche sit for five minutes and then serve while warm
Before you can begin to make your crab quiche, you’ll need the crab meat first. At Cape Porpoise Lobster, we offer plenty of high quality crab meat. Order yours today!