Thanksgiving – a grand affair of food, family, and fun! While turkey is often the star, many families incorporate the rich and delectable flavors of Maine lobster into their festive feasts. But what happens when the meal is over, and you’re left with a bounty of lobster leftovers? Turn them into delicious next-day dishes, of course! Here’s your guide to relishing those lobster remnants in creative and mouthwatering ways.
The Basics of Lobster Leftovers
Before we dive into the recipes, let’s ensure you’re storing those leftovers safely:
- Cool Quickly: Once your Thanksgiving dinner wraps up, make sure to refrigerate leftover lobster within two hours to prevent bacterial growth.
- Airtight Containers: Use sealable containers or wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Proper storage can keep your lobster fresh for 2-3 days.
- Reheat Right: Always reheat leftovers to a minimum of 165°F (74°C), ensuring they’re heated evenly and thoroughly.
1. Lobster Breakfast Tacos
- Leftover lobster meat, shredded
- Scrambled eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Avocado slices
- Small tortillas
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet or microwave.
- Fill each with a mix of scrambled eggs, lobster meat, cheese, salsa, and avocado slices.
- Serve with a side of sour cream and enjoy your morning boost!
2. Lobster Mac and Cheese
- Cooked macaroni pasta
- Leftover lobster meat, chopped
- Melted butter
- A blend of cheeses (cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan work well)
- Prepare a basic roux with butter and flour, then add milk to form a creamy béchamel sauce.
- Mix in the cheeses until smooth.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and lobster meat.
- Transfer to a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs, and bake until golden and bubbly.
3. Lobster and Corn Chowder
- Leftover lobster meat, diced
- Diced potatoes
- Corn kernels
- Diced onions and celery
- Chicken or seafood broth
- Fresh herbs
- Sauté onions and celery in butter until translucent.
- Stir in flour to create a roux.
- Gradually pour in broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and corn, cooking until tender.
- Stir in lobster meat and cream, heating just until warm. Garnish with fresh herbs before serving.
4. Lobster-Stuffed Avocado
- Leftover lobster meat, chopped
- Ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- Lime juice
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine lobster meat, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each avocado half with the lobster mixture.
- Serve chilled as a delightful lunch or snack.
5. Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Leftover lobster meat
- Slices of your favorite bread
- Sliced cheese (Brie, cheddar, or gruyere)
- Butter the outer sides of your bread slices.
- Place cheese and lobster meat between slices.
- Grill on a skillet until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, flipping once.
Lobster, with its buttery and luxurious taste, can seamlessly transition from your grand Thanksgiving meal to scrumptious post-holiday dishes. These recipes ensure no delicious morsel goes to waste, offering creative ways to relish those leftovers.
For the freshest Maine lobsters to enrich your holiday table and beyond, trust Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. Dial 1.800.967.4268 to place your order. Indulge this season and create mouthwatering memories that last!