While most people think of crustaceans, fish and mollusks as appetizer and dinner fare, here at Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. we love our fresh Maine seafood so much that we even eat it for breakfast! Whether you are a fan of smoked salmon or crab cakes, there is a delectable morning meal you will love.
Salmon Hash with Poached Eggs
With bacon, potatoes and eggs, this salmon dish is easy to make and mouthwateringly delicious. Serve with toast and a big glass of orange juice to start your Saturday morning right.
- Place potatoes in a pot of cool water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes or until they’re tender. Drain, peel, and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Heat up a large, nonstick skillet and then cook the bacon until browned and crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel to drain, then crumble.
- Leave the bacon fat in the skillet and then melt the butter. Once butter is melted, add in the onion and potatoes, cooking over moderate heat and stirring occasionally while gently mashing the potatoes. Potatoes should be browned in spots. Then, add in the bacon, salmon, and chives. Season the whole thing with salt and paper, letting it cook until the salmon is heated through.
- As these ingredients are cooking, poach your eggs in a separate saucepan over moderate heat, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the hash onto a plate and then place the poached eggs on top.
Crab Cake Egg Stacks
Make your own crab cakes or order some of ours to make this morning meal even easier. Cook up your crab cakes and top with a poached egg and avocado to taste.
Lobster Breakfast Tacos
Perfect for a holiday brunch, these breakfast tacos will have your family begging for more! A unique combination of luxury and fun, lobster and eggs are wrapped up in tortillas and topped with a delectable avocado cream.
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb goat cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 8 8-inch tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Cook the lobster in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lobster and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Then, crack the lobsters and remove the meat. Cut it into 1/2 pieces, keeping the claws intact.
- Combine the avocado, yogurt, lime, salt and spices into a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Lightly grease a sauce pan and then cook your eggs, keeping the heat on low. Whisk your eggs gently and continuously and after about 5 minutes, fold in the butter, chives, goat cheese, and lobster (except the claws).
- Fill the tortillas with the avocado cream and eggs. Garnish your tacos with the lobster claws, goat cheese, cilantro, and lime.
Once you’ve decided what Maine-inspired breakfast dish you would like to try next, head over to our website or give us a call at 1-800-967-4268 to order your seafood ingredients. Our fresh, quality seafood will be at your door the next day!