Grilling season is well underway! Here at Cape Porpoise Lobster Co., we love the taste of just-grilled seafood, and shrimp is no exception. Never tried it before? You’re in for a treat.
Here’s how to grill shrimp:
- 1. Choose the right shrimp. Jumbo and colossal-sized shrimp are easiest to grill.
- 2. Preheat your grill to 350 to 450 F.
- 3. Peel the shrimp prior to grilling, except for the part of the shell around the tail. This will allow whatever marinade you choose to really penetrate the shrimp meat.
- 4. Devein the shrimp: use a small, sharp knife to make a cut down the back of each shrimp. Then, rinse under cold water while pulling out the vein.
- 5. Marinate your shrimp for 20 minutes or so. You could use a simple marinade with just olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, or get creative. The choice is yours!
- 6. Thread the shrimp on a metal or wooden skewer.
- 7. Grill the shrimp over direct, medium heat for 2 ½ to 3 ½ minutes per side. The meat inside should be an opaque white, while the outside should be pink.
- 8. Serve with a side of your choice, like a Greek salad or lemon-pepper asparagus.
- 9. Enjoy!
Want to grill up some shrimp this weekend? Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. offers top-quality, fresh-frozen shrimp and other seafood delights that can be on your grill in just 24 hours. Never tried it before? Don’t worry, there are guides all over the internet about smokers and grills to help you out like the Traeger Tailgater review. Now, are you ready? You’re in for a treat. We include free overnight shipping with every order. Call 1-800-967-4268 for overnight shrimp today and fire up that grill!