Nothing says summer like delicious seafood favorites. Need some help deciding what to make for your next gathering or family dinner?
Hot crab dip is always a crowd-pleaser. It’s quick and easy to make. Here’s how:
- 1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix an 8-oz. package of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sour cream, 2 ½ teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning and a teaspoon each of Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
- 3. Fold in a pound of lump crab meat. Toss it gently, so you don’t break up the lumps.
- 4. Spread in a buttered 9-oz. pie dish, or, for an extra-special touch, spoon into two sourdough bread bowls with scooped-out centers.
- 5. Top with cheddar cheese and another sprinkle of Old Bay.
- 6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is bubbling. You have the option of placing the dip in the broiler for the last minute or two of bake time to get that nice browned color.
- 7. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes about eight servings. Leftovers keep well in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave.
Now that you know how to make a great hot crab dip, it’s time to buy some mouth-watering crab meat. Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. has fresh, high-quality Maine rock crab meat at affordable prices. We’ll have it to your door in no time—we offer free overnight shipping with all orders of our crab, lobster and other seafood products. Call 1-800-967-4268 to place your order today!