During this time, when many people are spending most of their days indoors, it can be tough to adjust to the new normal. Although things are changing, it is still possible to hold on to the values and traditions that bring us together.
Family dinner is a great way to spend quality time with the ones you love while enjoying a delicious meal.
This can also serve as a bonding time for families that have not spent enough quality time together. Divide the cooking tasks, so everyone has a chance to take part in preparing the meal. This will help take the load off of one person and give everyone a sense of accomplishment after they finish preparing a delicious seafood meal!
Check out these delicious lobster recipes, perfect for the whole family:
The Ultimate Seafood Feast
- Two Maine Lobsters
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- King Crab Legs
- 5 Small Red Potatoes
- White Fish Cut of Your Choice
- 8 scallops
- 8 Shrimp
- Salt & Pepper
- Ground Sage
This is a surprisingly quick dinner to prepare. Since the fish will take the longest to prepare , place your white fish in the broiler first.
- Before broiling your fish, season it with salt and pepper on both sides then squeeze lemon juice over it.
- Time your whitefish in the broiler for about 15 mins.
- Cut the red potatoes in half and add them to a large boiling pot.
- Place both lobsters in boiling water for 12 mins. As the lobster and potatoes boil, add salt, pepper, and parsley and sage.
- Sear scallops in a hot pan for 3 mins on each side, add lemon juice from one wedge and set aside.
- Place crab legs and shrimp in boiling water for 6 mins. Season the water with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Plate everything and garnish with a lemon.
Here is another simple family recipe for delicious lobster:
- 4 Maine Lobster Tails
- 1 Cup Melted Butter
- Two Broccoli Crowns
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 16 oz Fettuccine Noodles
- Two 15 oz Alfredo Sauce Bottles
- Garlic Powder
This meal is easy to prepare, but all of the ingredients have similar cook times so it is important to have everything prepped to time your meal correctly.
- Before you begin, be sure to preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Prep your lobster by cracking the tails.
- Start by cutting the tail at the top of the shell towards the bottom of the tail. Be sure to stop just before the tail so you don’t separate the pieces.
- Next, gently lift the lobster meat out of the shell. Press the two sides of the shell together and set the lobster meat on top of it. This is called butterflying the lobster.
- Combine parsley, pepper, salt, and garlic powder then pour it into the melted butter. Baste the lobsters with the butter sauce.
- Now it is time to start the noodles.
- Start by bringing a pot of 4-6 quarts of water to a boil for the Fettuccine noodles. Sprinkle salt in the water and add the whole box of noodles. For al dente noodles, boil the pasta for 12 minutes.
- Once the water begins to boil, place your prepped lobster tails in the oven. Set your oven timer for 12 minutes.
- Finally it is time to cook the broccoli.
- Cut the broccoli crowns in smaller pieces.
- Bring about ¼ inch of water to a boil in a frying pan with a pinch of salt. Next add the chopped broccoli crowns. Cover the pan and allow to cook for about 8 minutes or until they are tender.
- Check the noodles and drain the water. Rinse the noodles with cool water to stop the cooking process. Drain the water and then add the noodles to the pot on a low fire. Add the fettucine sauce and allow the noodles to warm in the sauce.
- Once the pasta is warm your meal is complete! Plate the lobsters along with the broccoli and pasta.
Cape Porpoise has been providing authentic Maine seafood for over 20 years. Our delectable crustaceans always come with free overnight delivery to ensure you receive freshest seafood. Support the fishermen of Cape Porpoise and enjoy 10-15% off all products on our website.