Grilling season is well underway! Here at Cape Porpoise Lobster Co., we love the taste of just-grilled seafood, and shrimp is no exception. Never tried it before? You’re in for a treat.
Here’s how to grill shrimp:
- 1. Choose the right shrimp. Jumbo and colossal-sized shrimp are easiest to grill.
- 2. Preheat your grill to 350 to 450 F.
- 3. Peel the shrimp prior to grilling, except for the part of the shell around the tail. This will allow whatever marinade you choose to really penetrate the shrimp meat.
- 4. Devein the shrimp: use a small, sharp knife to make a cut down the back of each shrimp. Then, rinse under cold water while pulling out the vein.
- 5. Marinate your shrimp for 20 minutes or so. You could use a simple marinade with just olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, or get creative. The choice is yours!
- 6. Thread the shrimp on a metal or wooden skewer.
- 7. Grill the shrimp over direct, medium heat for 2 ½ to 3 ½ minutes per side. The meat inside should be an opaque white, while the outside should be pink.
- 8. Serve with a side of your choice, like a Greek salad or lemon-pepper asparagus.
- 9. Enjoy!
Want to grill up some shrimp this weekend? Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. offers top-quality, fresh-frozen shrimp and other seafood delights that can be on your grill in just 24 hours. We include free overnight shipping with every order. Call 1-800-967-4268 today and fire up that grill!